Neonatal Resuscitation Program
This is a neonatal Resuscitation program course as sanctioned by the American Academy of Pediatrics. This course teaches the current evidence based approach to neonatal resuscitation at the time of delivery, using simulation to enhance development of skills, critical leadership, communication and team work.
In order to take this course you must have one of the following credentials: RN, MD, RT, PA, EMT/Paramedic
At the end of this program, participants will be able to: List three initial evaluations of the newborn during early resuscitation Describe in correct sequences, the steps of decision making and resuscitation interventions for the newborn infant Demonstrate knowledge and performance of newborn resuscitation and communication through participation in the simulation and debriefing scenarios in a team setting.
- Visitors should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for visiting Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level EMPLOYEE entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let security know you are there for the Sim Center.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located on to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks. A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- Refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Monisha Husom, CNP
Jill Bauer, MA, RN
In support of improving patient care, Children's Minnesota is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accredidation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Children's Minnesota designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent to their participation in the activity. Children's Minnesota takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific interest of CME activities.
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Children's Minnesota designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent to their participation in the activity.
Please note: The cost of this course is only for the simulation/skill training. An additional cost is due to the AAP for the required online portion of the course and testing due before attending this session. I believe that cost is approximately $30 and does not go to Children's Minnesota.
Cancellation Policy In order to receive a 75% refund you must request a cancellation two weeks prior to the course date you are registered for. Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the start date will not receive a refund.