Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
The Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) skills check is a 30-minute course that meets the AHA requirement for a student to acquire their ACLS course completion. Skills Checks run from 8am-4pm. Please arrive for the skills check at your convenience between the listed times.
*Completion of the AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) online simulation is required prior to attending the ACLS skills check. Student must present their AHA on-line ACLS Course Completion Certificate on the day of their skills check.
In order to receive a full refund, you must cancel two weeks prior to the session date. All cancellations made within two weeks of the session date will receive a 75% refund. If Software has been purchased through Ethos and has been accessed, a refund for the cost of the software will no longer be accepted.
For further questions, please contact Charney Grone
After successfully completing the ACLS course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate rescue ventilations with correct rate and tidal volume using a Bag Valve Mask (BVM) on adult manikin
- Perform chest compressions with correct rate, depth and hand placement on adult manikin
- Participate in team resuscitation performing chest compressions and ventilations on adult manikin
- Visitors and employees should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for visiting Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level EMPLOYEE entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let security know you are there for the Sim Center. All employees have badge access to this door.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located on to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks . A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- Refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Possible CE/CME 4.5
Joint Accreditation Term: 05/23/2019 - 05/22/2022
CAPCE Accreditation Term: 05/23/2016 - 05/22/2022
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation - Physicians
The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All faculty participating in CME/CE activities sponsored by the American Heart Association will disclose to the audience (1) significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of products from the commercial supporter(s) and /or the manufacturer(s) of products or devices discussed in their presentation, and (2) unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentation. Such disclosures will be made in writing in course presentation materials.
Please note: ACCME/AMA offer Physician CME only to MDs and DOs.
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts Category I credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
Continuing Education Accreditation - Nurses
The American Heart Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 4.50 contact hours.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the American Heart Association or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
ANCC Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Pharmacists
The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Credit: 4.50 Contact Hours. Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-16-840-H01-P.
Successful completion of this CE activity includes the following:
- Students are presented with a Precourse Self-Assessment, team dynamics lesson,
- 10 ACLS case-based scenarios, and
- an exam.
While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on ACLS guidelines, and provide treatment.
Once successful completion has been achieved, a CME/CE certificate can be claimed immediately by clicking on the CME/CE link or request button. Complete the series of demographic questions including the selection of your discipline and then click on the Show or Print button to retrieve.
ACPE Credit must be claimed within 30 days of attendance. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after one month of attending.
This document is not valid as proof of an ACPE credit award. Credit award information is transmitted electronically from AHA to NABP and its constituent boards of pharmacy. A pharmacist’s e-Profile ID (ePID) and Date of Birth (DOB) are used to match credit records with the pharmacist’s NABP e-Profile. Official electronic and hard-copy documentation is available through the pharmacist’s e-Profile at nabp.net within 60 days of course completion.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 4.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 16-AMHA-F3-0318.
By claiming CAPCE credit, the claimant acknowledges the following: I understand that the American Heart Association, as a requirement of CAPCE accreditation, will submit a record of my course completions to the CAPCE AMS. I further understand that my course completion records maybe be accessed by or shared with such regulators as state EMS offices, training officers, and NREMT on a password-protected, need-to-know basis. In addition, I understand that I may review my record of CAPCE-accredited course completions by contacting CAPCE.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.