Basic Life Support (BLS)
The Basic Life Support (BLS) skills check is a 30-minute course that meets the AHA requirement for a student to acquire their BLS course completion. Skills Checks run from 8am-4pm. Please arrive for the skills check at your convenience between the listed times.
*Completion of the AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) online simulation is required prior to attending the BLS skills check.
In order to receive a full refund, you must cancel two weeks prior to the session date. All cancellations made within two weeks of the session date will receive a 75% refund. If Software has been purchased through Ethos and has been accessed, a refund for the cost of the software will no longer be accepted.
For further questions, please contact Alison Thomsen, Emergency Response Training Center Assistant
- Demonstrate rescue ventilations with correct rate and tidal volume using a Bag Valve Mask (BVM) on adult and infant manikins
- Perform chest compressions with correct rate, depth and hand placement on adult and infant manikins
- Participate in team resuscitation performing chest compressions and rescue ventilations on adult and infant manikins
- Visitors should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for visiting Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level EMPLOYEE entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let security know you are there for the Sim Center. All employees have badge access to this door.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located on to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks. A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- Refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Continuing Education Accreditation
Accreditation Term: 2/25/2019-2/24/2022
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the American Heart Association and American Medical Association. The American Heart Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement - Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 1.75 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement – Nurses
The maximum hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.75 contact hours.
**ANCC Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
ACPE Credit Designation Statement – Pharmacists
ACPE Credit: 1.75 Contact Hours. Universal Program Number: JA0000134-0000-19-013-H04-P
**ACPE Credit must be claimed within 30 days of attendance. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after one month of attending.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 1.75 Basic CEHs, activity number 19-AMHA-F3-0025.
CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6-month claiming period. By claiming CAPCE credit, the claimant acknowledges the following: I understand that the American Heart Association as a requirement of CAPCE accreditation will submit a record of my course completions to the CAPCE AMS. I further understand that my course completion records may be accessed by or shared with such regulators as state EMS offices, training officers, and NREMT on a password-protected, need-to-know basis. In addition, I understand that I may review my record of CAPCE-accredited course completions by contacting CAPCE.
Completion of the AHA Heartcode Basic Life Support (BLS) online software is required prior to attending the BLS skills check.