The Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) for Providers is a 1.5 day course (7:30am- 4:00pm Day 1; 7:30am- 12:00pm Day 2) designed to provide core-level pediatric knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of emergency nursing care to the pediatric patient. Registrants will receive an e-mail with information to access the required pre-learning modules on the ENA website ( 4.5 hours content) approximately 5 weeks prior to class. Pre-learning must be completed PRIOR to class to attend the class. Participants will engage in case scenarios, discussion and skills stations and then complete the assessment of the ill or injured child skill validation at end of the class. Upon successful completion of the skill validation, participants will have one week post class to successfully complete a 50 point on-line test to obtain to their ENPC certificate from ENA.
RN's caring for pediatric patients in the emergency setting.
• Identify and care for acutely ill and injured children
• Present a systematic assessment model
• Integrate the associated anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
• Identify appropriate interventions
• Increase the knowledge, skill, and confidence of emergency nurses
- Visitors and employees should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for visiting Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level EMPLOYEE entrance across from the parking ramp (red circle on map below). For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let security know you are there for the Sim Center. All employees have badge access to this door.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located on to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks. A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- Refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Janet Logid, MAN, RN-BC, CPEN