L011223 Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)
Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS) was developed by the American Heart Association (AHA) and is intended for health care providers who infrequently see critically ill children or any healthcare provider who might encounter pediatric patients. PEARS focuses on prevention, specifically the assessment, recognition, and stabilization of pediatric patients at risk of severe cardiopulmonary distress.
You also have the option to complete a BLS skills check within the PEARS class to obtain both PEARS and BLS certifications. Should you choose to do this, purchase the BLS online software directly from the American Heart Association website.
Students must present their AHA online BLS Course Completion Certificate on the day of their skills check.
In order to receive a full refund for your skills check, you must cancel two weeks prior to the session date. All cancelations made within two weeks of the session date will receive a 75% refund.
Registration closes January 5, 2023.
For further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Describe how to initiate the chain of survival
- Perform prompt, high-quality CPR with a C-A-B sequence (child and infant)
- Initiate early use of an AED (child and infant)
- Discuss the PEARS assessment
- Discuss PEARS algorithms
- Students can enter through either the front door on the upper level or through the mid-level employee entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let Security know you are attending a scheduled skills check with the Emergency Response Training Center (ERTC).
- Most skills checks will meet in the Improve classrooms on the second floor (mid-level), on the left as you enter the CBC employee entrance.
- A refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it. The cafeteria is located on the upper level and stocked with a small number of pre-packaged selections.
Pediatric Emergency Assessment Provider Course
Continuing Education Accreditation - Emergency Medical Services
ACCREDITATION TERM: 8/31/2017- 8/31/2020
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Prehospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 7.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 17-AMHA-F2-0024.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
If your profession is not listed here, please contact your HR department or licensing board with any questions. The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and does not determine participants to receive credit or number of credits per course.
Review the American Heart Association website for more information.
If applicable, completion of the AHA HeartCode Basic Life Support (BLS) online software is required prior to attending the PEARS skills check. Purchase the online software directly from the American Heart Association website.