Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) skills check is a 4-hour course that meets the AHA requirement for a student to acquire their PALS course completion.*
*Completion of the AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) online simulation is required prior to attending the PALS skills check. Students must present their AHA online PALS Course Completion Certificate on the day of their skills check. The cost of the skills check includes the $144 charge for the online software and will be manually sent to you by our lead instructor once purchased. If you already purchased the online software directly through AHA, please opt out of the software during checkout.
In order to receive a full refund, you must cancel two weeks prior to the session date. All cancelations made within two weeks of the session date will receive a 75% refund. If the online software was purchased through Children's MN, a refund for the cost of the software can only be granted if the software has not been accessed.
For further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of the online PALS learning module and PALS skills check off, the participant will demonstrate:
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Application of team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post-cardiac arrest management
- Visitors and employees should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for visiting Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level employee entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let Security know you are there for the Sim Center. All employees have badge access to this door.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks. A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- A refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Continuing Education Information
Possible CE/CME 7.25
HeartCode Pediatric Life Support (PALS)
The American Heart Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
JOINT ACCREDITATION TERM: 01/01/2020-12/31/2023
CAPCE – 01/01/2020-12/31/2023
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 7.25 hour of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
**AMA credit must be claimed within 6 months of participant. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of participating.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement – Nurses
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 6.50 contact hours.
**ANCC credit must be claimed within 6 months of participant. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of participating.
ACPE Credit Designation Statement – Pharmacists
ACPE Credit: 8.00 Contact Hours | Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-17-914-H01-P
**ACPE credit must be claimed within 30 days of participant. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after one month of participating.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 5.75 Advanced CEHs, activity number 17-AMHA-F3-0346
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6 month claiming period.
All persons who develop and/or control educational content in CME/CE activities provided by the American Heart Association will disclose to the audience all financial relationships with any commercial supporters of this activity as well as with other commercial interests whose lines of business are related to the CME/CE-certified content of this activity. In addition, presenters will disclose unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices.