Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)
Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS) was developed by the American Heart Association (AHA) and is intended for health care providers who infrequently see critically ill children or any healthcare provider who might encounter pediatric patients. PEARS focus on prevention, specifically the assessment, recognition and stabilization of pediatric patients at risk of severe cardiopulmonary distress.
On the Register tab, you also have the option to add BLS software to your purchase and complete the skills check within the PEARS class to obtain both PEARS and BLS certifications.
In order to receive a full refund, you must cancel two weeks prior to the session date. All cancelations made within two weeks of the session date will receive a 75% refund. If the BLS online software was purchased through Children's MN, a refund for the cost of the software can only be granted if the software has not been accessed.
For further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
At the end of this program, participant will be able to:
- Describe how to initiate the chain of survival
- Perform prompt, high-quality CPR with a C-A-B sequence (child and infant)
- Initiate early use of an AED (child and infant)
- Discuss the PEARS assessment
- Discuss PEARS algorithms
- Visitors and employees should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for vising Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level employee entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let Security know you are there for the Sim Center. All employees have badge access to this door.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks. A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- A refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Continuing Education Information
Possible CE/CME 1.25
PEARS Instructor Essentials (PEARS IE), Enduring Web Course
JOINT ACCREDITATION: 08/15/2017-08/14/2020
Joint Accreditation Statements
In support of improving patient care, the American Heart Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement - Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement - Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician Assistants may receive a maximum of 1.25 hour of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement - Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months claiming period.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement - Nurses
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.25 contact hours.
**ANCC Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months claiming period.
ACPE Credit Designation Statement - Pharmacists
ACPE Credit: 1.25 Contact Hours. Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-17-022-H04-P
**ACPE Credit must be claimed within 30 days of participation. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after the 30-day period has elapsed.
Continuing Education Accreditation - Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 1.25 Instructor CEH, activity number 17-AMHA-F3-0031.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6 month claiming period.
All persons who develop and/or control educational content in CME/CE activities provided by the American Heart Association will disclose to the audience all financial relationships with any commercial supporters of this activity as well as with other commercial interests whose lines of business are related to the CME/CE-certified content of this activity. In addition, presenters will disclose unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in course presentation materials.