Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) is a 1.5 day course designed to provide core-level trauma knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of emergency nursing care to the trauma patient. Day 1 is a 7.5 hour virtual format, day 2 includes 4.5 hours of in person skills stations and TNP skill testing. Completion of 3.5 hours of on-line pre-learns are required to attend the class. Participants will receive an informational e-mail from ERTC on how to access the pre-learns and register for the day 2 skills sessions 4 weeks prior to class. Completion of the course requires successful passing of the TNP skills assessment and completion of an on-line open book exam post class..
Nurses who care for trauma patients in the Emergency Department and in the hospital
• Identify and care for acute trauma patient
• Present a systematic assessment model
• Integrate the associated anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
• Identify appropriate interventions
• Increase the knowledge, skill, and confidence of emergency nurses and other nurses caring for trauma patients
- Visitors and employees should utilize the parking ramp at the bottom of the hill when they arrive. Parking up top is reserved for visitors but often fills up fast on certain days. We try to keep that area open for visiting Foundation donors and committee meeting attendees or visitors/employees needing special accommodation due to physical limitations or injury.
- Enter through the lower level EMPLOYEE entrance across from the parking ramp (red circle on map below). For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let security know you are there for the Sim Center. All employees have badge access to this door.
- Most classes will meet in the Improve classrooms on the left as you enter the lower level of the CBC employee entrance. The Sim Center is located on to the right on this floor. While visiting the Sim Center, please refrain from wandering outside of the immediate simulation area unless accompanied by a Sim Center or ERTC staff member.
- Please plan to arrive early for temperature checks. A thermometer is available at the entryway desk.
- Refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it, the cafeteria is currently closed.
Janet Logid, MAN, RN-BC
Participants will receive an informational e-mail from ERTC on how to access the pre-learns and register for the day 2 skills sessions 4 weeks prior to class. Completion of the course requires successful passing of the TNP skills assessment and completion of an on-line open book exam post class. Books will be mailed to student's residence.