L121423 Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) skills check is a 4-hour course that meets the AHA requirement for a student to acquire their PALS course completion.
*Completion of the AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) online simulation is required prior to attending the PALS skills check. Purchase the online software directly from the American Heart Association website.
Students must present their AHA online PALS Course Completion Certificate on the day of their skills check.
You also have the option to complete a BLS and/or ACLS skills check within the PALS class to obtain both PALS and BLS/ACLS course completions. Should you choose to do this, purchase the BLS and/or ACLS online software directly from the American Heart Association website. Students must present their AHA online BLS/ACLS Course Completion Certificate on the day of their skills check.
In order to receive a full refund, you must cancel two weeks prior to the session date. All cancelations made within two weeks of the session date will receive a 75% refund.
Registration closes December 7, 2023.
For further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Successful completion of the PALS skills check requires the student to be able to:
- Demonstrate rescue ventilations with correct rate and tidal volume using a Bag Valve Mask (BVM) on a pediatric manikin
- Perform chest compressions with correct rate, depth and hand placement on a pediatric manikin
- Participate in a team resuscitation following the AHA guidelines during a simulated mock code
- Students can enter through either the front door on the upper level or through the mid-level employee entrance across from the parking ramp. For visitors who do not have badge access, pick up the phone just inside the doors and let Security know you are attending a scheduled skills check with the Emergency Response Training Center (ERTC).
- Most skills checks will meet in the Improve classrooms on the second floor (mid-level), on the left as you enter the CBC employee entrance.
- A refrigerator will be available to store your lunch if you bring it. The cafeteria is located on the upper level and stocked with a small number of pre-packaged selections.
If applicable, completion of the HeartCode BLS and/or HeartCode ACLS online software is required prior to attending the PALS skills check. Purchase the online software directly from the American Heart Association website.