Virtual Pediatric Integrative Experience
This 2-day course is designed for nurses and other healthcare professionals working with children in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Focusing on concepts of holistic/integrative healthcare, including interactive & experiential components. New 1/2 day pre-conference in essential oil training.
Registered Nurses and other health care workers interested in incorporating integrative strategies into practice
May 19, 2021
- Describe the therapeutic use of essential oils
- Identify the 5 essential oils useful in pediatrics
- Discuss the safety use of essential oils and identify any contraindications
- Outline the process of certification
May 20, 2021
- Describe the relaxation response
- Demonstrate how to coach patients in diaphragmatic breathing
- List different recommended relaxation and breathing apps
- Discuss common theories in health and nutrition
- List 3 recommended dietary changes for improved health
- Explain the concepts of imagery vs. hypnosis
- Discuss modifications in the use of imagery based on age
- Explain use with procedural pain
- Demonstrate favorite place imagery
- Describe the benefits of massage therapy for pediatric patients and the role of the nurse
- List the indications and contraindications of pediatric massage
- Demonstrate key hand and foot reflexology points
- Review the basics of Korean Hand Therapy
- Discuss the principles of healing touch energy work
- Demonstrate healing touch techniques
- Describe self-care and holistic health coaching
- Identify the impact of incorporating integrative strategies into nursing practice and pediatric care
- Explain family centered care
- Describe the principles of music therapy
- Identify ways to select and incorporate music into patient care
May 21, 2021
- Define mind body medicine
- Identify different mind body strategies
- Discuss cultural aspects of medicine
- List 3 different types of alternative medicine systems
- Outline the basis of supplements and common recommendations for the pediatric population
- Explain the basis of acupressure and acupuncture
- Identify the common acupressure points for nausea, pain, anxiety
- Discuss yoga poses and strategies for patient care
- Describe yoga poses for self-care
- Review the principles of meditation
- Discuss different meditation techniques
- Identify three areas of self-care to improve overall health
- Identify changes that can be made in specific clinical settings to incorporate integrative nursing strategies.
Please see each day for specific accreditation information.
You may create your own learning experience by selection one or all of the options; options include the pre-conference workshop, Day 1, and Day 2.
Registration Closes May 17, 2021.
Children's Minnesota MNA RN's choosing to use contract dollars, please enter the code CONTRACT DOLLARS at checkout. If you do not cancel prior to 24 hours of the start of the course, you will be charged the full price of the conference.
Must have computer access to view webinar.